This is a legal document between the administrator of teacha, GPlus Media Co., Ltd. herein referred to as ‘GPlus’, and the users of the site herein referred as to ‘users’. GPlus is committed to protecting the privacy of the site’s users. This commitment is demonstrated in the structure of the database, programming, and the use of encrypted pages for the transfer of sensitive data.
In this document users will find about:
- Personal information and collection process
- Use of information
- Disclosure of personal information
- Users’ ability to modify their personal information
- Personal information protection measures
- Business Transfer
- Change log
2. Personal Information and collection processIn order to use certain features, users have to register providing the following personal information:
- Email address
In order to build a profile, users have to provide the following personal information:
- Date of birth
- Gender Information
- Phone number
Email and Phone number is only used for the communication between user and teacha.com administration.
Other non-personal information is required to build a profile such as:
- Language skill
- Favorite places
In order to conduct a lesson and to payout lesson fee to teachers, and teachers have to provide the following information:
- Passport or valid driver's lisence
- Foreign resident card (foreigner's only)
- Extended activity permission (depends on your visa type)
- Bank detail
The level of visibility of a profile can be changed at any time by the user in user setting. While users’ personal information such as email, contact phone number, birth day, billing information will not be disclosed, users can control the level of visibility by choosing to:
- Keep their profile private. Users will never be able to look their profiles and notebooks.
- Make their profile open and searchable. Users will be able to look at such profiles and notebooks.
3. Other Information SourcesIn order to enhance the quality of the site and to facilitate the users’ navigation, GPlus collects other information from users’ traffic through the following methods:
- Log files
- Web beacons
4. Use of InformationIn accordance with the selected level of visibility chosen by each user as explained in article 2, GPlus will use the information for the following purposes only:
- For statistical research
- To ask users to update their information
- To identify users using the site’s features including notebook search
- To contact users by email about the site’s updates
- To contact users by email about relative notebook and lesson updates
- To enable users to use teacher search, student search, notebook search, contact search
- Phone is always used in the urgent situation or no response to the initial email communication only
5. Disclosure of Personal InformationUsers’ personal information is never disclosed to third parties except in the following cases:
- If ordered by governmental authorities
- If it is required by law
6. Modification of Personal InformationUsers can modify or delete their personal information anytime. Should you need assistance to do so, please contact GPlus through contact form.
If you would like us to cancel your Teacha Account, please contact us or select the "Close Account" feature in the account setting and we will attempt to accommodate your request if we do not have any legal obligation or a legitimate business reason to retain the information contained in your Teacha Account.
7. Information Protection MeasuresAll data passed between web server and browser is encrypted by SSL. We store your passwords using encryption methods specifically designed for this purpose. GPlus’ s internal privacy and security policies are reviewed on a regular basis. GPlus staff receive training on information protection measures. Internally, only authorized personels are allowed to consult personal information for specific purposes.
10. Business TransferGPlus may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankrupcy.
11. Change log
- 2014/5/23 created